· Responsible for the day to day commercial management of a number of projects in order to ensure the success of the project, including maximising profit.
· Apply best practice and continuous improvement in the commercial support to the Contracts Manager and Project Team.
· Pursue own professional development and provide support and guidance to promote the development of other commercial staff.
· Demonstrate a high level of commercial and technical knowledge and work as part of the Project Team.
· Identify risks and put into place strategies to manage and minimise risks.
· Efficient procurement of approved Sub-Contractors and services in accordance with Lee Warren policies and procedures.
· Conduct all duties to comply with the Lee Warren Health and Safety and Environmental Policies.
· Conduct all duties to comply with the Lee Warren Quality Manual.
· Establish and maintain Lee Warren commercial processes and procedures on projects.
· Identify, manage and reduce unnecessary costs and inefficient activities.
· Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of Variations and submission of Valuations, Applications for Payment and Invoices and ensure payments are received in accordance with Contract conditions.
· Manage the prompt preparation and settlement of Final Accounts including Variations and Claims.
· Produce accurate forecasts and budgets for use on Evo-M and by the Project Team, ensure that projects meet agreed budgets and targets.
· Prepare and present accurate and timely Cost and Value Reconciliation Reports (CVR’s).
· Through an understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts, ensure Lee Warren’s position is protected.
· Maintain good relationships with clients, consultants and sub-contractors in order to identify / secure potential future business / opportunities.